Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 25 August 2007

See, There Really IS a Musical Called Pilgrim

I know, I know, I was supposed to be looking for costumes today (and I'm supposed to be marking essays tonight) but it was a beautiful 22C and it felt like Spring! The BabyAngel, who wishes to be renamed Bee (is for Beautiful apparently: see her My Space page) took this photo of me with the Spires of St Peter's Cathedral in the background. We had just walked from Memorial Drive ( I know this will mean v little to my O/S friends...but me Mam will know what I'm on about) to the Botanic Gardens and back again.

Bee and her friend accompanied me and we had a lovely time. I can't wait til the weather settles back into this pattern.

Anyway, the point of this post is my T shirt!!! It is a production shirt for the school musical and it was designed by my talented husband from an idea by the students. They hit the school on Friday. This is the only part of my job as costume director that I have actually achieved. I think it looks pretty cool, although perhaps not with me in it :-)

It was an idyllic afternoon. I knew it was Spring when I saw these.
There was a very conscientious father duck who was squawking indignantly at anyone who ventured too near to his brood. He's not in the picture as he was accosting a cyclist at the time.
I'm not sure about the pigeon there at the back. I think he has cuckoo tendencies.

In the Botanic Gardens there is a fantastic old Victorian Palm House with a gloss painted bannister out the front so the girls simply had to slide down it.

There were also Moreton Bay figs which HAD to be climbed.


And of course we couldn't leave the ducklings alone.What a wonderful afternoon. Roll on Spring I say!!!! Oh, and here is a tree in the lake that I shot in May and another shot of the same tree today. I'm looking forward to the Spring shot!!!!

9 comments:

Miss Betty Fjord said...

Thank you so much for the glowing descriptions and fabulous pictures. It makes me feel so much better about MISSING OUT due to hideous cold in the head. Grrrrrr :-(

Christina said...

Yay, we get to see a picture of you!!

We need to swap weather for a few days...the idea of some chilly air sounds idyllic to me right now.

Love the picture of the girls climbing!

Oh, and in response to your comment on my post, I somehow hadn't realized you're new to this world of blogging...you seem to have it down! Thanks for the support you routinely offer.

Maggie said...

Those trees are amazing!! They almost don't even look real... And I think that the ducks are adorable -- I wouldn't have left them alone either!

kim said...

Don't you just love that change in the weather? I don't care if it's winter to summer or visa versa. I just love the change from the extreme hot/cold to that mild weather. Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Spring!

Brittany said...

Wow. Amazing photos! The photo of the girls climbing the tree is my favorite! I've never seen such a tree.

I agree with Christina; I think I would take cool weather over the 90 degree weather we are having here. Yuck.

Dawn said...

I love the pictures! Especially the one of the girls on the banister (great light!) and of them climbing that amazing tree. Looking forward to your BSM!

Never That Easy said...

How could you not climb those trees? It seems like a great adventure!

Karen said...

I'm so envious of your pretty spring day. As summer winds down over here, I'd love to go back and do it all over again.

Arizaphale said...

You will...oh you will!!